Covid-19 rules and social distancing has made moving home a completely different experience.
Reviews tell us that a lot of people are now happy to receive a virtual viewing and feel they get everything they need from this and would be happy to let and even buy this way. It is extremely important to give a great first impression from a virtual viewing.
The hardest thing to show from a virtual viewing is the vibe of the house but you can show off the property’s key features such as large bedrooms and great storage space. Here are a few tips –
- Start the virtual tour from outside of the property so it feels as if the person viewing is walking up the path and into the front door. Also make sure the entrance is de cluttered and all the room doors are open to let in more light.
- Do not hide anything – make sure the full room is captured on video. Every corner needs to be shown and every space explained so viewers know you are not hiding anything.
- Tidy up the obvious parts of the house first, make sure it is cleared of any mess, beds are made, cushions are plumped, and curtains are pulled back.
- Maintenance is always good prior to selling or letting a house – any painting touched up or any odd jobs that seem small are taken care of.
- Make sure the windows are clean. This will let in more light and give a great clean feel to the property.
- Put out flowers to give brightness and keep some of your personal items out for viewings to pass on a positive, happy living environment vibe.
- Make sure kitchen work tops are decluttered and cupboards are cleared and organised. That way you can open a cupboard door on the virtual viewing.
- Be sure to show off any good appliances. Do you have a built-in dishwasher? Or an integrated washing machine? Be sure to show these items in the viewing.
- If you have a utility room always show this, people are keen to see where they can their washing appliances and ironing board.
- Make sure the bathroom is super clean. Any stained grout go over this with a grout pen to make it look nice, hide extra toilet rolls, fold towels and maybe light a candle to give a warm feeling.
We are able to offer both virtual tours and video viewings. If you are interested in selling or letting your property with CB Estates, please call us on 01752 917458