It is looking increasingly likely that Property logbooks will be introduced for every home in the UK. The introduction of these logbooks was discussed at the first meeting of the Residential Logbook Association (RLBA). The aim is that every residential property transaction will be supported by one whether sales or lettings, with a trial scheduled for Spring next year. it is hoped that these logbooks will help to simplify and speed up the house moving process.
The digital logbooks will also transfer from owner to owner and will include the following information:
- Unique Property Reference Number
- Title number
- History of transactions including sales and rentals
- A lettings MOT certificate (if relevant)
- Ground rent info (if leasehold)
- Up-to-date search and other local authority information.
- Land Registry information
- Utility company data.
- Government information such as flooding risk.
- Handover packs.
- Building or retrofit works completed.