It is often assumed that renting a property stops you making a house a home, this is not the case. There are lots of different ways you can make a rental property feel homely and cosy.
Many landlords will welcome you making the property your own. However, it is always a good idea to check with your landlord or letting agent first before making any changes to the property.
CB Estates Top Tips:
- You should be allowed to hang pictures as long as you do not damage the wall
- Many landlords will allow you to paint some of the walls. This can be a useful way to personalise children's bedrooms where you can add some colour
- Make good use of lighting. There are many ways to utilise light, to make a place feel more spacious and to set a mood to your home. Mirrors can also make a property feel larger and you can use lamps to create a softer light.
- Accessorise – you may not be able to change the carpets but its good to start with a blank canvas and then use rugs, pillows and throws to add colour and your personal touch.
- You do not have to focus on just the inside of the property – if you have a garden or balcony space you can put your own stamp on it with pots and plants and garden furniture. If you do not have outside space try bringing in house plants
- Use your home to display things that you love such as books, art, and photographs. This will all help to add your personality to a property.
If you are thinking of renting and would like to see what properties we have available, please call us on 01752 917458 or look at our website.